Yoga and Pilates, are they not basically the same?
OK, within the fitness industry we often focus on diet, nutrition, weight loss and various types of training techniques. The majority of training questions are based around losing weight, increasing muscle mass or general toning.
Today we want to talk about the benefits of incorporating other forms of training which will enhance and compliment the more intense workouts we do at Bootcamp UK. Namely, Yoga and Pilates.
Firstly, the age old question…. Are they not basically the same thing? And if they are not…. What’s the difference between them?
The popularity of both Yoga and Pilates seems to be at an all-time high at the moment and anyone intending to try one out for the first time would be forgiven for feeling confused on which to try or which would suit them best.
Both Pilates and Yoga offer strength, control, flexibility, endurance and of course, stress-relief. Pilates main emphasis is core strength whereas Yoga offers all of the above, concentrating on flexibility, the lengthening of the muscles but also has a strong spiritual component. To be fair, many argue that they complement each other perfectly and there is a place for each practice within your workout schedule. So, how can these types of workout enhance your training?
- The stretching element of these types of practice will mean that you won’t feel as sore…. Music to your ears when you are suffering from a strong case of DOMS!
- They will help with aspects of your balance, focus and co-ordination – all skills which will aid you in other exercises such as kettlebell swings, clean and press and of course everyone’s favourite… BURPEES!!
- They can improve your flexibility which means you can work within a larger range of movement when training which will increase your benefits and results.
- They will improve your core strength which will aid every other movement.
- They will increase your endurance and blood flow so you can train harder and for longer at Bootcamp UK.
- They will improve your overall posture, which will not only help in everyday life but will also help to ensure correct technique whilst training which is vital to gaining the most benefit from the exercise whilst also avoiding risk of injury…
Of course, we always ensure that we finish the session with a good stretch off but for those who want to increase their all-round benefits from training why not check out a Yoga or Pilates class and see how the practices can help you become fitter, stronger and able to train harder during your Bootcamp session
Bootcamp UK is now available to the US! Bootcamp UK America provides the same great outdoor fitness training to Titusville and Daytona Beach in Florida. Get in touch to find out more!